501. I’d like to try on this sweater.我很想试一下这件毛衣。
502. I’m interested in buying a new car.我很想买辆新车。
503. What’s the price of that electric iron?那个熨斗多少钱？
504. How much is this rug?这个地毯多少钱？
505. Is this toothpaste on sale today?今天有牙膏卖吗？
506. That’s a beautiful leather wallet,but it costs too much.
507. How much do I owe you?我欠你多少钱？
508. That will be eighteen dollars and seventy-five cents.
509. Do you have change for a twenty-dollar bill?
510. The clerk helped me find what I wanted.
511. What would you like to eat? 你想吃什么？
512. I’d like a bowl of tamoto soup,please.
513. The waiter seems to be in a hurry to take our order.
514. Which would you rather have--steak or fish?
515. I want my steak well-done. 我想要全熟的牛排。
516. What kinds of vegetables do you have? 你想要哪种蔬菜？
517. I’ll have mashed potatoes .我想要些土豆泥。
518. Would you please pass the salt? 你能把盐递过来吗？
519. They serve good food in this restaurant.
520. Are you ready for your dessert now? 你准备好吃点心了吗？
521. This knife is dirty.Would you bring me a clean one,please?
522. May I check,please? 我能检查一下吗？
523. You have your choice of three flavors of ice cream.
524. We have vanilla,chocolate,and strawberry.
525. We invited two guests to dinner,but they didn’t come.
526. How long did the movie last?
527. The feature started at 9 o’clock and ended at 11:30.
528. They say the new film is an adventure story.
529. A group of us went out to the theater last night.
530. The new play was good and everybody enjoyed it.
531. By the time we got there,the play had already begun.
532. The usher showed us to our seats.
533. The cast of the play included a famous actor.
534. After the play was over,we all wanted to get something to eat.
535. There was a big crowd and we had difficulty getting a taxi.
536. The restaurant was filled,so we decided to go elsewhere.
537. My brother wants to learn how to dance. 我弟弟想学跳舞。
538. We don’t go dancing very often. 我们不经常去跳舞。
539. Which would you rather do--go dancing or go to cinema?
540. I’m not accustomed to going out after dark. 我不习惯晚上出去。
541. I’d like to make an appointment to see Mr. Cooper.
542. Would you like to arrange for a personal interview?
543. Your appointment will be next Thursday at 10 o’clock.
544. I can come any day except Thursday. 我除了星期四每天都能来。
545. He wants to change his appointment from Monday to Wednesday.
546. She failed to call the office to cancel her appointment.
547. I’m going to call the employment agency for a job.
548. Please fill in this application form. 请填写这张申请表。
549. Are you looking for a permanent position?
550. I’m going to call a plumber to come this afternoon.
551. I couldn’t keep the appointment because I was sick.
552. I’m a new employee.I was hired yesterday.
553. Please call before you come,otherwise we might not be home.
554. Let’s make a date to go shopping next Thursday.
555. Will you please lock the door when you leave?
556. I went to see my doctor for a check-up yesterday.
557. The doctor discovered that I’m a little overweight.
558. He gave me a chest X-ray and took my blood pressure.
559. He told me to take these pills every four hours.
560. Do you think the patient can be cured?
561. They operated on him last night.昨天晚上他们给他做了手术。
562. He needed a blood transfusion. 他需要输血。
563. My uncle had a heart attack last year.
564. They had to call in a heart specialist.
565. What did the doctor say? 医生说什么？
566. The doctor advised me to get plenty of exercise.
567. The doctor said I look pale.
568. If I want to be healthy,I have to stop smoking cigarettes.
569. The physician said smoking is harmful to my health.
570. It’s just a mosquito bite.There’s nothing to worry about.
571. You’re wanted on the telephone. 有你的电话。
572. What number should I dial to get the operator?
573. I want to make a long distance call. 我想打个长途。
574. Pick up the receiver and deposit a coin in the slot.
575. I tried to call Mr. Cooper,but the line was busy.
576. You must have dialed the wrong number.你一定打错电话了。
577. I dialed the right number,but nobody answered.
578. The telephone is ringing,would you answer it,please?
579. Would you like to leave a message? 你想留下什么口信儿吗？
580. Who is this?I don’t recognize your voice.
581. Would you please tell Mr. Cooper I called?
582. Is this Empire 5-4093? 是帝国5-4093吗？
583. I have to hang up now. 现在我不得不挂断电话。
584. Put the receiver closer to your mouth.I can’t hear you.
585. Would you mind calling back sometime tomorrow?
586. How long has it been since you’ve heard from your uncle?
587. When was the last time he wrote you ?
588. I can’t recall how long it’s been.
589. I’m always disappointed when I don’t get any mail.
590. I feel guilty because I haven’t written her lately.
591. What time is the mail delivered on Saturday?
592. The postman always comes at 2 oclock. 邮递员通常在两点来。
593. I wrote to my uncle last night.I couldnt put it off any longer.
594. I enclosed some photographs in my letter. 我在信里加了几张照片。
595. I didn’t know whether to send the letter airmail or not.
596. How long does it take for a letter to get to California ?
597. Don’t forget to put stamps on the letter before you mail it.
598. He went to the post office to mail a letter.他去邮局邮信了。
599. I dropped the letter in the mailbox on the corner.
600. How did you sign the letter? Did you write,“sincerely yours”?
你怎样在信上填写，是601. A strange thing happened to me this morning.