1. flap one's jaws 信口开河，胡说八道
Jim always starts flapping his jaws after he's had a couple of drinks.
2. live (from) hand to mouth 仅够糊口，勉强度日
My father earned very little and there were four kids, so we lived from hand to mouth.
3. be the bee's knees 非常出色，顶尖
Have you tried this ice-cream? It's the bee's knees, it really is.
4. elbow grease （体力上的）重活
The polish needs a certain amount of elbow grease to apply.
5. get sth off your chest 倾吐（心中的烦恼）；将…一吐为快
I had spent two months worrying about it and I was glad to get it off my chest.
6. keep your chin up 别灰心，不要气馁
Keep your chin up. Things will get better.
7. make your blood boil 使……怒火中烧
The way they have treated those people makes my blood boil.
8. have a chip on your shoulder （因觉得受委屈或不如別人优秀而）生气
He's got a chip on his shoulder about not having been to university.
9. old hand 老手，有经验的人
We should be able to trust Silva to negotiate a good deal for us - he's an old hand at the game.
10. get cold feet 突然退缩，裹足不前
Sally said I should try skydiving, but I had cold feet.